Sunday, September 28, 2014

Missing Granddaddy :)

Hello Granddaddy!

How is Heaven? You've been there for 365 days as of today. I'm sure it has felt like eternity but at the same time felt like just a day!

I truly miss you and think of you often and am sometimes jealous of the days you get to spend versus the days I have to spend.

Some of the things you have missed this past year:

I turned 27 a month after you passed away and I got to celebrate it at home with Mom, Aunt Becky, Brynn, Molly, and Craig!

We spent our last Christmas with Mom in Federal Way and were blessed to have brought her home from Hospice House on Christmas Eve to open gifts and celebrate with the traditional Stouffer's Lasagna.

I began intensive treatment for an eating disorder that I'd hidden from the family for years! It has helped strengthen relationships with both family and friends and has confidently encouraged our marriage!

Molly's bridal shower was in March and it was a lovely event! Mom even was able to attend!

Was home to celebrate Mom's 55th birthday on May 4th!

Said goodbye to Mom (which was the day you got to say hello to her) 8 days later on May 12th!

Flew to Ohio for services and burial and got to visit Gran while we were there!

Got to walk with my cohort on June 14th and pretend like I was graduating! Family drove in to help celebrate!

Molly and Dustin got married on a beautiful summer day, July 12th, in Maple Valley! You would have been so proud of your youngest granddaughter and I already know you had welcomed Dustin into the family a long time ago!

Dad turned 54!

Craig and I celebrated our 4th year of marriage!

Molly turned 25! Holy Moly!

We surrendered our German Shepard Luna and adopted a white boxer like Dad's named Petey!

I was discharged from treatment on September 18th (after 6 LONG months!) Go me! I know you'd be proud.

And have since returned to my internship site at Cheney Middle School where I will finish up in December!


Love you Granddad!

Sincerely,
Megan





No comments:

Post a Comment