Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Post from the Past

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

ten reasons i love FALL

well, i love the fall season for many reasons, but there are 10 more particular reasons i like the season.  we have had a late summer here in Spokane...just this past saturday we had a 90 degree day.  for all my western folks, please be jealous.  but don't worry it rained here all day monday and everyone thought they were melting...pansies!  but here are twn reasons why i LOVE fall...

10. pumpkin spice lattes/apple cidar
9. blankets are needed to be wrapped around me at all times
8. i don't have to think about what i'd look like in a two piece
7. the beautiful colors
6. football season, which for me means family, friends, and food
5. running in the crisp, cold, morning
4. children & adults can get away with dressing like medical staff with absolutely no education to back up their costume
3. sweaters and sweats and sweatshirts and slippers and bathrobes
2. this picture
1. MY BIRTHDAY!!!!  October 26

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Today I went to read my sister's blog and noticed she had taken the words about "fall" and this season right out of my mouth....here it is in her words and I "ditto" it....

photo via Morganbsimon

Happy fall! My favorite season is here, yet I struggle through another wave of grief. It was my mom's absolute favorite time of the year. By now, she would have had all of her decor up around the home, the smell of cheesecakes drizzled with caramel + topped with apples would welcome you in and Bath and Body Works candles + soaps would in every bathroom. I know many people have memories of my mom during the fall, as she always could find someone to visit the pumpkin patch with her!

My mom and I simply loved fall. Now, our biggest worry this season is trying to get everything out of the house in time for the next family to move in. 

When I think about fall, my mind often wanders back to Fall Family weekends at Gonzaga University. The leaves were beautiful shades of orange and red and I would anxiously await the arrival of my family! We always loved going to Greenbluff farms to pick apples, eat pumpkin doughnuts and sip on cider.

My hope is that I find can joy in the season and holidays to come. I anticipate the emotions that come with the upcoming holidays and finding peace that we are no longer sharing these moments with mom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment