Thursday, September 13, 2012

Don't Interrupt

Okay, so I am actually trying to put into practice what I write about for the next 25 days.  It's not easy being pushed around by truth but as I have learned from Mark Driscoll, take one day at a time, issue by issue.  I get too overwhelmed with how screwed up and sinful (althought covered by grace) I am as a wife and friend.  But it is through each conversation I have and every interaction that I remind myself of things I have focused on.  And it starts with one truth a day.

Today, don't interrupt!  I am convicted daily of "listening" to others while thinking of what I'm going to say next OR what I am going to make for dinner.  Have you ever been around a person who won’t let you finish a sentence? That gets old fast. Even if you think you already know what your husband is going to say, allowing him to say it without cutting him off mid-sentence shows both respect and common courtesy.

No comments:

Post a Comment