Thursday, June 30, 2011

Summer Time Update

Well, I think it is officially summer here in Spokane!  We have had a string of really nice days - in the high 80's - which is a nice break from the snow and the drought.  As we approach our first summer together as a married couple it is weird to think about everything that was going on a year ago.  It was nice weather, sunny days and crisp evenings, but I remember I didn't get to really enjoy any of them because my life was consumed with wedding planning.  But boy how I year in time flies!  We love Spokane, we love our friends and our church!  And our work, eh, it could be better!  But the flexibility to take time off is amazing!  This summer we have already made it home for my sister's graduation party and traveled to Oregon for a wedding.  This month we will be taking off the weekend of our anniversary to head to Crescent Bar, and in August a family camping trip with the church and another trip home for his cousin's wedding.  Craig has picked up full-time work for the next couple months, which is an incredible blessing.  So he has been waking up at 5am to be at work by 6am.  I am so blessed to have a husband wiling to commit to that much work during his summer break.  I am still working my three jobs.  So other than my schedules being quite shaken and stirred it's the same old grind all summer long.  Craig and I do find time together, mainly in the evenings.  Monday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday are our days together.  This past Monday we decided to go old school with our desserts and made Banana Boats on the grill - thank you girl scouts.  They were delicious!!!

Just take a banana, slice it down the middle not cutting all the way through, stuff it with mini marshmallows and chocolate chips, wrap it in foil, and grill it or bake it @ 300 degrees for 5 minutes!  Easy!
I then proceeded to be creamed at a game of Scrabble.  My adorable and most gracious husband decides not to be so adorable and gracious when we play board games.  He has our score posted on one of our kitchen cabinets to remind himself daily of the win.



But despite any game I've lost in Scrabble I enjoy every minute with him.  He makes me laugh -- and let's be honest -- he makes me cry a lot too!  But he is mine, all mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment