Friday, July 1, 2011

Matthew 5:30

"If your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell"

Jesus did not say that everyone must cut off his right hand, but that "if your right hand causes you to sin" in your walk with Him, then it is better to "cut it off." -- Thank you Oswald Chambers.

There are so many hindrances in my life that I would like to throw off.  And since being married I have been exposed to even more imperfections and sinful sides I withhold.  Cut them off?  It sounds easier said than done but Jesus demands my all and deserves a daughter who is at least willing to try to lead a pure, blameless life.  God knows our weak spots, what knocks us down, better than we know ourselves!  And it is only with His strength that we can rid ourselves of impurity.  I don't even allow myself to go near magazines (ok Better Homes is a different story) because of the immediate thoughts that flood my mind about my body and how disgusting I look compared to the bikini airbrushed models.  Those thoughts are trash to God because He is the created of my body...why do I struggle with dissing His creation?  But that is an avenue I have had to "cut off" because of the path it leads my mind down.  It's a hard concept and I will never fully understand the lengths that we are called to go to but I can at least lean on God and try my best through His strength.

"There are a hundred and one things that you dare not do - things that would be sin for you, and would be recognized as sin by those who really know you.  But the unspiritual people around you will say, 'What's so wrong with doing that?  How absurd you are!"  Oswald Chamber hit it head on.  These comments made by others make it even harder to live a life that you know in your heart is right, pure, genuine, and Godly.

Remain strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment