Sunday, June 19, 2011

To Bliss & Back

Traveling 900 miles in 4 days is draining but what made up for it was getting to spend 4 days with my best friend, preparing and encouraging her as her wedding day approached.  The wedding came and gone in no time at all.  We all curled our hair, smiled for some photos, fluffed her dress, sent her down the aisle, stuffed our faces, and wished them goodbye!  It reminded me of my wedding day – a day of many wonderful memories that led into one awkwardly beautiful night!    This weekend I wanted to cry out of happiness because I am so excited for their journey that they just begun yesterday and I am grateful to be a part of it.  God is tremendously amazing!  He molds two different people so perfectly to fit together…a bond that no one should be able to break apart.  My Dad told me today that marriage is like a pair of scissors.  They are two different units attached to each other at the center that work together for one goal, in this case to cut something.  The units separate and come back together, separate and come back together, time and time again.  But when they come back together….watch out because if you try to get in between them it sure does hurt!  It has been a blessing to watch my best friend engage in such a healthy and dynamic relationship that is pleasing to God.  Their wedding was at the church that he had grown up in.  How neat to surrender and allow their special day to be at his church rather than hers.  Now, they both attend together. 

I was the matron of honor because I am married :]  Yes, that is how I begun my toast at the reception.  I just wanted people to know!  But I told them that I didn’t have any advice for them because I, myself, have been married only a year.  What is a year out of 75 years?  It is a blink of time in the grand scheme of things.  But I could tell them that marriage is fun, exciting, and a challenge daily!  Just grab hold and hang on tight.  Kiss each other even when you don’t feel like it.  Regularly say, “I Love You.”  And appreciate the little things – don’t always expect big things to happen.  But when you are following the road of Christ, God will allow big things to happen every once in a while to remind you of His goodness and grace, but most importantly that He is the number one fan of your marriage! 


A clip I created to show at the end of my speech:


And, as I sit hear in the car, almost 3 hours into our 7 hour drive back, I asked my husband what more I should say and he recommended that I write about him, so here it goes…




Why I Love My Husband: Craig J Haskins

1.       Most importantly, he loves the Lord
2.       Second importantly, he loves me in all my glory and goodness!
3.       He laughs with me, not at me….most of the time
4.       He supports my workout addiction and healthy eating
5.       He always is looking at that dang bright side of things
6.       He makes friends wherever he goes
7.       He is extremely flexible
8.       He doesn’t snore every night
9.       He gets along with my family and friends and calls them his own
 He made me write all this about him on our blog :] 

No comments:

Post a Comment