Sunday, May 22, 2011

In Perspective

Today I ran a 5 mile run, fueled solely by sadness that my sister is leaving Spokane, WA tomorrow.  I mean literally fueled the jaunt...I had only had a small bowl of oatmeal, a piece of toast with hummus, and some gluten-free Almond crackers (thanks Molly), and lots of coffee!!!  These last few weeks have been one emotional merry-go-round but I at least feel as if I have been privileged enough to ride one of the prettier ponies and not get stuck on the boring bench that parents sit on as I go round and round.  Molly has been the peanut butter in my peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, the Bert as I'm the Ernie, and Lilo as I've been the Stitch.  Essentially, we have been pretty much glued together the past few months, which has been amazing!  It has been such a blessing to live so near to her and know that we have each other...through thick and thin.  I am pretty sure I was roommate #7 in her house?  Yup, yup, that sounds about right!  But, all in all, it's a season of change.  Now, as some of you may know, I am not a fan of change, and regularly do not handle it well.  The first set of tears has already happened and she hasn't even left yet!  Oh boy!  The Lord has blessed Craig and I here in Spokane so much!  If it weren't for Molly, Spokane would have been a lot more foreign to me.  Thanks for sharing your senior year with my Sister...and your welcome for letting you have VIP access on our first year of marriage!



Oh, the Places You'll Go! 
Dr. Seuss


Congratulations!
Today is your day.
You're off to Great Places!
You're off and away!

You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes
You can steer yourself
any direction you choose.
You're on your own. And you know what you know.
And YOU are the guy who'll decide where to go.



Now on to the ONLY perk of Molly and her 6 roommates leaving Spokane....our new stocked fridge, cabinets, shelves, and pieces of furniture!  That's right, all perishable (and imperishable foods for that matter) came to live with us!  Hello $400 worth :]

No comments:

Post a Comment