Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Day 1

Day 1 of this new journey - to a healthier, cleaner, smarter way of living. It was amazing to kick start the week with an incredible weekend with my sister, Dustin, Thayer, Addison, and of course seeing my Mom. It wasn't easy by any means but the presence of sisterhood took over and engulfed me while I was there. It is amazing to see how close we have become through this process of anticipated grief. I felt so comfortable where I was this weekend - I felt no burdens and no worries by being at her apartment. And the best part? I got to spend time with Addison! What a joyful little 4 year old - one who will call you on your negativity, "bad words," and teach you about cancer and forgiveness. It was an uplifting weekend but also a weekend of re-exposure to what I'm sheltered to living here in Spokane.

Come with me on this journey...all you need to know is that it is a journey...a process.

And now I leave you with the theme song from the weekend: do you want to build a snowman?









No comments:

Post a Comment