Saturday, April 26, 2014

BFFs Since 2nd Grade....

Let me just begin today with a HAPPY 1/2 BIRTHDAY TO MYSELF! ;]

I have always been reminded of this semi-half-special day because one of my best friend's birthday is today and when we were younger we just thought it was the coolest thing that her birthday was my 1/2 birthday and my birthday was her 1/2 birthday. Oh the simple pleasures in life that children discover. It was a HUGE deal for us and we celebrated twice a year! Now that special friend is combating military crime in Japan. It is crazy where time takes to best friends - across the world - but still so connected! She is someone I can ALWAYS pick up the phone and talk with for 2+ hours about life, love, memories, and the pursuit of happiness! And our laughs combine are infectious and obnoxious!
Happy birthday to one of my best friends since 2nd grade!
Happy 27th birthday Nicole Vanourek!








I remember my Mom telling me there was a girl who lived up the street, my age, who was going to be in Mrs. Martinson's class with me and that I should get to know her so we could walk to school together. Right, Mom. That's an absurd idea! Little did I know of the lifetime friendship we would have! 

On a different note, this morning's devotion really tugged at my heart. So much so that I wanted to post it to share with others, hoping they can find hope and encouragement from it. 

"Welcome problems as perspective-lifters. My children tend to sleepwalk through their days until they bump into an obstacle that stymies them. If you encounter a problem with no immediate solution, your response to that situation will take you either up or down. You can lash out at the difficulty, resenting it and feeling sorry for yourself. This will take you down in a pit of self-pity. Alternatively, the problem can be a laser, enabling you to climb up and see your life from My perspective. Viewed from above, the obstacle that frustrated you is only a light and momentary trouble. Once your perspective has been heightened, you can look away from the problem altogether. Turn toward Me, and see the Light of My Presence shining upon you."

So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.
2 Corinthians 4:16-18

No comments:

Post a Comment