Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Update from Caring Bridge

No news is good news, right? 

My Mom's condition worsens as she "recovers" from the procedure she had back in October. My apologies for not sending out an update sooner, but the clarity of the CT scan results were questionable. They were not able to get an accurate reading of the tumor - able to see if it was beginning to turn black (die off) - which is the outcome they were looking for from the procedure. However, they did not find any growth OR any shrinkage in tumor size. 

Mom is bed bound for the most part with hospice still coming in every three days to bathe her and the nurse checking in on her regularly. As Aunt Becky tires quickly, due to the bladder demands of my Mom, she has called in for backup from neighbors and friends. What a HUGE blessing to know my Aunt and Mom are surrounded with people who will step in to relieve my Aunt for just a few hours. She is up with my Mom every 30 minutes throughout the night - talk about similarities between my Mom and a brand new baby!!! 

The Lord is protecting us and still has my Mom cradled in His hands. It is hard being all the way over here in Spokane, not being able to help out as Molly has, leaving me with feelings of guilt and helplessness. But I continue to thank Him for what he has given my family during this difficult time. 

It is hard to approach the holidays with "laughter and cheer," as all the Christmas songs sing about. I've been guilty for approaching the holiday with "clatter and fear." What will this season look like? Nontraditional and different, for sure. But as our family rearranges and configures this holiday season to what we have been blessed with, we remember the true reason for the Christmas season and are grateful for the gift of Christ, salvation, and his loving forgiveness and grace.

Thank you for your continued prayers. A miracle is still needed… 

Merry Christmas and God Bless, 

No comments:

Post a Comment