Sunday, March 25, 2012

Happy Funday Sunday

Psalm 5:3

"Listen to my voice in the morning, Lord.  Each morning I bring my requests to you and wait expectantly."


Coffee has to be IN my system within 10-20 minutes of waking up each morning.  Some mornings the coffee pot is full and the roasted smell has already filled our little home, other times I have to stumble in the kitchen to prepare a pot myself.  Either way, it has to happen.  But it is interesting to think that coffee really doesn't have a huge effect on me.  It may open my eyes a bit more from a squint to a wide-eyed gaze, but throughout the day, when I'm feeling the low energy, coffee is not the go-to...but I still go-to it :)    It is a belief I hold that coffee does in fact wake me up, give me the jitters, allow me to focus, and give me better runs (exercise...I know what you all were thinking...however, that too!)  Just the other day I took a shot of espresso before I went swimming and to my amazement I had an incredible swim!  But is it all mental?!  Me, being a psych major and a preliminary school counselor, I wonder how much in life we believe to be true, which in fact causes it to become true.  This is a psychology theory that fascinates me, but more so, the reliance factor of a substance and how it contributes to our relationship with others and Christ.

Each morning, of course with my cup of joe in hand, I try to make some quiet time with God.  While our house is quiet and a husband usually still sleeping, I sit down and read a psalm and a proverb.  So today, I read psalm 25 and proverbs 25 since it is March 25th.  This allows me to set my mind for the day and find my reliance and focus before it secularly finds me.  It is a hard habit to get in to and takes some discipline but I have had two incredible weeks and I give the credit to starting my morning off right.  So, this is one thing I believe to be true and usually proves itself to be true!

With this quick thought said...I need another cup of coffee...and it's time for church...Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment