Monday, January 6, 2014

2014

I think it's funny that people wait until the new year to begin "good" habits, make "good" choices, begin a "better" life, etc. Everyday should be a fresh start and a new beginning, for that is the reason Christ died for us...for forgiveness, cleanliness, purity, and fresh starts! I find all of the Facebook statuses right now interesting. As people reflect back on the past year they make decisions for this year (sometimes big ones!!)

We don't know what this year holds (2014) - no one does! We can look optimistically ahead to 2014, but embrace each day as it comes, making those "good," "better," and "healthier" goals daily.

I do anticipate this year. What will it be like? January 1, 2013 I would have never guessed the year would turn out as it did:

  • Mom diagnosed
  • Aunt Becky moved to WA from FL
  • Mom underwent unsuccessful chemotherapy
  • Craig spoke at Camp Gilead Winter Blast retreat
  • Craig and I worked at Camp Gilead (where we met in 2002)
  • Molly and Dustin got engaged
  • ALL of our friends either had a baby or got pregnant
  • And the list could go on...
I plan to seek the Lord daily, making Him a bigger part of my life and making a conscious effort to draw closer to Craig - because those two are the only people that will help me get through (and enjoy) the year 2014!

Happy New Year 

No comments:

Post a Comment