Friday, November 8, 2013

The Blessings Abound

Despite hard times....the blessings continue to rain down on us. They don't stop. They are endless. It surely pays off to stop and count them every so often or else they get backed up and spill over in a volcanic fashion. Sometimes life gets foggy and I feel as if right now it is hard to see beyond the thickness, but I am constantly reminded to remain still. To be patient. And to be quiet and listen. And when I listen, I hear. And being able to hear is one of the sweetest gifts there is.

If you are sitting there with your head cocked to the side, confused, wondering "what are all these blessings she speaks of?" Good question.

Craig found part-time work on top of his full-time job!
An anonymous third party offered to pay off Craig's Moody bill.
The same anonymous third party offered to buy us a whole new set of tires for the Lexus!
Gas was paid for so that we could make it home for Granddad's funeral.
The food bank is so good to us!
Got the most precious gift from my Grandnan that paid off our credit card & Craig's computer!
Receive free health & support services since I am an EWU student.
My professors have been ever so lenient with me and my school work so that I can travel home to see my Mom often.
Someone helped us out with much needed car repairs.
Someone gave us a generous gift that will provide for at least 6 months worth of food.
We have a little house to call ours.
We have Luna.
But most importantly,
We have each other.

We are ever so grateful for the friends and family God has placed in our lives for such a time as this. Our jaws are continually on the floor over all He has provided just since we got back to Spokane from camp. It's incredible to see the blessings that flow from giving up everything for the summer and following His calling to minister to campers and staff. Another testimony for the books.

The many blessings have just allowed us to focus on what needs our attention right now, which is spending time in Federal Way with my Mom as much as possible, school work, and work. I was able to spend my birthday over there, opening my gifts while snuggled up in bed with her. What a special time that was! And it's always hard to come back, but now that I'm back I don't ever want to leave again because...WE LOVE SPOKANE!!!

Come and visit soon!!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment