Thursday, August 16, 2012

Bewildering Blindness

What must it be like to live life without vision? 

I was pondering this yesterday at work when I saw a wife lead in her blind husband.  Does he know the depth of her beauty or did he strictly fall in love with her heart and personality?  Fascinating, yet one of many unknowns until we can sit at the feet of Jesus and have all of our questions answered.

Would I care about my make-up and my physical beauty?  Others still have to see me...

Would I choose different friends OR would I have more friends?  Be honest with yourselves...we base some friendships on appearance and hygiene...

Would I see Craig differently?  Strictly for who he is on the inside?  Because I wouldn't be able to see the physical hunk he is on the outside...

Would people sneak around me?  Because that would just be funny...

Hearing would become ESSENTIAL.  I don't think I would ever say, "what?" because I would always be sensitive to what is going on around me...

I would grow very fond of laughter because that is the one emotion that is most often expressed verbally...

I would rely heavily on others but yet have a solid independent foundation for myself - wanting to prove my abilities...

Would I still be able to run?  I would get lost if I went out to run 8 miles...(man am I appreciative for sight for that very reason!)

I would not be able to see God's creation...what He spent 7 whole days making!  But I would know without a doubt that God would show me the pop-up/3D version in heaven!

Be grateful you can see.  Thank Him today!  I sure became thankful when I saw the wife lead in her blind husband.

Take home message for married folks:  Still allow your husband to lead you around like you are blind sometimes.  It is almost as if we need to imagine being blind to humble ourselves into submission; allowing him to lead the family  :]

No comments:

Post a Comment