Friday, January 13, 2012

this crazy little thing called life

fact: Life is short.

advice: Don't waste it.

how to: love, serve, sing, dance, laugh, cry, run, compete, worship, pray, meditate, exercise, befriend, drink, coffee, succeed, fail, and put your faith in the only thing that stands firm in this dark, sinful world: the Lord.  ["the Lord will fight for you, you need only to be still" exodus 14:14]

I have been deeply challenged to live my life for the Lord and to make decisions that I wouldn't regret later on.  I, more so, have considered this within my marriage.  Craig and I barely see each other during the week but when we do our time is so much richer if we are speaking kind words and performing encouraging acts of service toward one another.  If either of us were to go be with our Savior sooner than later, I surely wouldn't want to spend the rest of my life drowning in the regret of things said or my life lived.

Life is precious but the life we will live after this earth will be even MORE precious.  I can't wait to look into the eyes of the one who died for me and who gave me breathe.  I yearn to walk hand in hand with my creator; my potter.  I desire to see Him look at me and smile, saying, "well done my good and faithful servant [matthew 25:23]."  But I currently long to know that I am DAILY putting a smile on His face with what I am saying and doing.



No comments:

Post a Comment