Thursday, September 1, 2011

Whale Bird & Sea Lion Watching...

I am getting really bad at keeping this up-to-date, but if it is any excuse, I am working 3 jobs, tending to my husband when he is around, working out like a mad woman, and trying to make friends and get connected with a ministry here in Spokane.  Craig and I were able to go to Federal Way this past weekend to visit friends and family and see Craig's cousin, Elisabeth get married.  What a whirlwind of events it turned out to be!!

We drive over Friday afternoon, with a backseat passenger hitching a ride, and roll into town just in time to eat shrimp, chicken, and salad with Dad, Molly, & Dustin!  We shoot a round of darts and then head to Mom's to crash.  Bright and early I have my running treads on to hit up the side streets of fdub!  Then it's back in the car to have lunch with Craig's Dad and stepmom, attend a wedding, and then back home.  Sunday, we got the magical opportunity (thank you groupon) to go whale watching in the San Juans.  I was stoked - for one of my greatest obsessions is over whales!!!  I couldn't sleep!  It took 4 hours of traveling to get to Friday Harbor just in time for a 4 hour whale watching trip.  The camera card was cleared in order for us to take mass amounts of photos of the whales we were going to see!  FALSE!  We didn't see one whale - just stupid sea lions, birds, and bald eagle.  How obnoxious!!  Furious!  I was not a pleasant wife for the next couple of hours.  My dream of whale watching in the San Juans was crushed.  My husband escaped an extra hour of an unpleasant wife after we received two free vouches to come back and try again.  Let's just say the whales let me down!














Here are some pictures we should have come home with...







Ok, so maybe not the one that has a humongous glacier in the background, but still, any backdrop to a whale photo would have been nice.


Isaiah 40:28-31  Have you not known? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God,   the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable. He gives power to the faint,   and to him who has no might he increases strength. Even youths shall faint and be weary,and young men shall fall exhausted; but they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength;   they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary;   they shall walk and not faint.

No comments:

Post a Comment