Monday, October 3, 2011

Jeremiah 29:Megan

Life never goes as planned.  Sometimes I wish the Bible read,

"For YOU know the plans, I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future THAT YOU ARE WELL AWARE OF" -- Jeremiah chapter 29, verse Megan.

The only thing really certain in this lifetime is God' promise and the sacrifice that was made for us to spend eternity with Him.  Everything else is as dusty as dust.  My senior year of college I had the plan to enter straight into graduate school.  Wrong.  The real plan was to serve a year in AmeriCorps, a national service program.  Then my plan was to go straight into graduate school.  Wrong.  The REAL plan was to marry the love of my life and support him through his last two years of school.  Once in Spokane, my plan was to work in a school district until I went back to school.  Wrong.  The REAL plan was for me to run around like a crazy person working three jobs...two at a restaurant and one at an athletic club.  And now here we are, but as of recently God has given me a pinch of what MY PLAN was.  I had been applying to any and every classified position posted in the Spokane/greater Spokane area hoping to leave the restaurant to work in the schools, for that is where my true heart and passion lie.  I probably sent out 20 applications to eventually get three interviews - all in one week of each other!!!  The three were ranked from "position I really wanted and would be perfect" to the "position that really didn't make sense for me to take if offered to me."  Which one does God offer me?  That's right...the "position that really didn't make sense for me to take if offered to me."  God truly has a sense of humor...and I took the job!!!  I am really excited to begin 2 hours of work at Mountainside Middle School.

Sometimes I feel like I shouldn't even make plans or set visions for my life because I know that without a doubt God will come behind me to change them just to spite me, well, more so prove who He is and to remind me of the role He plays in my life.  Mr. Oswald Chambers couldn't have said it better himself,

"The life of Jesus Christ was an absolute failure from every standpoint except God’s. But what seemed to be failure from man’s standpoint was a triumph from God’s standpoint, because God’s purpose is never the same as man’s purpose." (Oswald Chambers; My Utmost For His Highest: August 5)

Stay strong.  Don't stop praying.  Don't end your search for God's will and stop looking towards your plans.

P.S. I've been having foot problems while running and need to invest in a pair of Asics.  If you would like to donate to this really expensive cause you can gift it for my birthday on Oct. 26th or give anytime before or after.

No comments:

Post a Comment